Please note: Information related to this program is changing very rapidly. We are monitoring new developments and will do our best to keep this page updated as we receive new information.
Processing and Forgiveness Tracking for PPP Loans
Below you will find more information regarding the processing and tracking of PPP loans. If you are looking for more information about the SBA lender program or how to become an SBA lender, please visit our Becoming an SBA Lender page.
Processing PPP Loans
Need a place to securely store PPP documents?
Alloya has launched a Secure PPP Document Storage tool in Premier View to help you securely and efficiently manage your business members' sensitive documentation.
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Application and instructions inform borrowers how to apply for forgiveness of their PPP loans, consistent with the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
New SBA instructions for PPP Loan Forgiveness have been created. All borrowers should use these forms going forward for all situations and calculations. Please review the bullets below for further direction:
- Borrowers should review the EZ instructions FIRST to see if they can fill out just the EZ form 3508EZ.
- If Borrowers are unable to complete the EZ form due to the questions on page 1 of the EZ instructions, then they should complete the Revised Full application.
- All Borrowers should submit the required information to their lender as documented in each of the applications/instructions.
Applications and Instructions:
Paycheck Protection Program Lender Processing Fee Payment and 1502 Reporting Process
The purpose of this Notice is to inform Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Lenders of the reporting process through which PPP Lenders will report on PPP loans and collect the processing fee on fully disbursed loans which they are eligible to receive. See attached to read the entire Notice.
CU Business Group Resources
- NCUA Letter to Credit Unions
- Banks Blame U.S. Rules for Snarling New Borrowers
- Payroll Protection Program FAQs
- Payroll Protection Program Report
- SBA Inquiry Queues
Alloya continues to work on additional ways in which we can help you. We will continue to update the microsite as new information become available.
If you have any further issues with accessing ETRAN or CLS systems, the SBA has launched a new LENDER HOTLINE at (833) 572-0502. It is live and only for lenders and technical issues - NOT for eligibility and policy questions. Additional support resources for lenders will be announced in the next day or so. Please do not refer any small businesses to this hotline.